ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The following are typical duties for this position. These are not to be considered exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required
- This position involves operating various pieces of equipment used in the construction division including, but not limited to track hoes, bulldozers, front-end loaders, rollers, tractors, and slide
- Understand safe working loads
- Perform general housekeeping duties to continuously maintain a safe and clean work environment. May perform functions of a Laborer as required
- Schedule, organize, and read plans
- Set up pumps for dewatering
- Perform operator-level maintenance on the machine
- Work is performed outside in varying types of environmental conditions. The requirements of this position involve extended periods of strenuous physical activity under various field and weather conditions. Applicant must be able to lift 75 lbs., carry, stand, walk on uneven surfaces, manually manipulate, grasp, reach out, climb, kneel, bend, twist, and push/pull.
- Must have 3 years of verifiable experience operating heavy machinery with knowledge of equipment operations and maintenance.
- Must understand slope & grade. Ability to read plans.
- Candidate needs to have basic computer understanding
- Must be punctual and have reliable transportation to job sites.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
J.B. Coxwell Contracting was established in 1983. Initially, the company focused on land clearing and earthwork but quickly expanded its operations to include complete site development. We now install underground utilities, as well as complete heavy highway and civil construction in the public and private sectors and are proud to be the most well respected heavy civil construction firm in Northeast Florida.
We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, top pay, and benefits. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, gym membership reimbursement, 401(k), holidays, PTO and more.
J.B. Coxwell Contracting is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. J.B. Coxwell Contracting is a drug-free workplace.APPLY ONLINE NOW