ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The following are typical duties for this position. These are not to be considered exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required.
- Install sanitary sewer, storm drain and watermain pipe systems.
- Cut pipes to required lengths
- Assist in aligning and positioning pipes.
- Understands trench safety requirements, soil types and use of protective systems.
- Maintains depth by checking the laser beam or grade stakes and communicating with the operator by using hand signals
- Sets up the pipe laser and periodically ensures that trenches are at the proper grade by frequently checking the pipe laser or grade stakes
- Grade and level trench bases using tamping machines and hand tools.
- Regularly uses a shovel, digging iron, cut-off saw and tamper.
- Sets concrete structures (inlets, sanitary manholes, meter pits, etc.)
- Assists the Pipe Foreman with planning out the jobs by reviewing blueprints.
- Other general labor and construction related duties as required.
- Work is performed outside in varying types of environmental conditions. The requirements of this position involve extended periods of strenuous physical activity under various field and weather conditions. Applicant must be able to lift 75lbs., carry, stand, walk on uneven surfaces, manually manipulate, grasp, reach out, climb, kneel, bend, twist, and push/pull.
- Candidate must possess at least 1 year experience as a pipelayer installing the following: sanitary sewer, storm drain, and waterman.
- Must be able to follow building plans or blueprints and instructions from supervisors, lay out the job, and work efficiently with the materials and tools of the trade.
- Interpersonal competencies that include a drive for results, effective oral communication skills, organization, planning, trust, respect, being dependable and cooperation. Must be punctual and have reliable transportation to job sites.
J.B. Coxwell Contracting was established in 1983. Initially, the company focused on land clearing and earthwork but quickly expanded its operations to include complete site development. We now install underground utilities, as well as complete heavy highway and civil construction in the public and private sectors and are proud to be the most well respected heavy civil construction firm in Northeast Florida.
We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, top pay, and benefits. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, gym membership reimbursement, 401(k) with 100% match on the first 4%, holidays, PTO and more.
J.B. Coxwell Contracting is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. J.B. Coxwell Contracting is a drug-free workplace.APPLY ONLINE NOW