ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The following are typical duties for this position. These are not to be considered exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required.
- Driving to job sites to fuel, lube, and grease large equipment. Occasional filter changes required.
- Inspect trucks for safety and legal compliance including but not limited to tires, lights, grease, brakes, fuel, oil, and water.
- Driver maintains a fuel log showing delivery locations, quantity, meter readings, and quantity dispensed.
- Must be able to operate heavy equipment, if needing to be moved for service.
- Must have valid Class-B CDL with Tanker and Hazmat endorsements (Class A preferred). With history of safe driving (clean MVR).
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Candidate must possess at least 1 year experience with heavy equipment including loaders, dozers, excavators, and rollers.
- Knowledge of Jacksonville and surrounding areas is required.
- Knowledge of various construction job supplies is required.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods; handle and manipulate controls on a repetitive basis. Ability to climb in and out of equipment and lift 75 lbs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read, write and accurately follow instructions.
- Work outside in all weather conditions in various locations
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated
J.B. Coxwell Contracting was established in 1983. Initially, the company focused on land clearing and earthwork but quickly expanded its operations to include complete site development. We now install underground utilities, as well as complete heavy highway and civil construction in the public and private sectors and are proud to be the most well respected heavy civil construction firm in Northeast Florida.
We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, top pay, and benefits. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, gym membership reimbursement, 401(k) with 100% match on the first 4%, holidays, PTO and more.
J.B. Coxwell Contracting is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. J.B. Coxwell Contracting is a drug-free workplace.APPLY ONLINE NOW