ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The following are typical duties for this position. These are not to be considered exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required.
- Prepare pipe for installation -including beveling, installations of retainers, mastic, etc.
- Assist craft workers such as Pipelayers, Carpenters, or others with lifting and setting heavy objects
- Safely rig pipe and structures for lifting and placement in ditch
- Communicate effectively with Pipe Foreman and crew members
- Measure, mark, and cut pipe
- Clean and prepare jobsites by gathering and organizing tools or equipment and disposing of trash
- Familiar with the safe use of hand tools such as hammers, saws, screwdrivers, drills, rakes, shovels, and pipe saw
- May perform functions of a Laborer as required
- Work is performed outside in varying types of environmental conditions. The requirements of this position involve extended periods of strenuous physical activity under various field and weather conditions. Applicant must be able to lift 75lbs., carry, stand, walk on uneven surfaces, manually manipulate, grasp, reach out, climb, kneel, bend, twist, and push/pull.
- Must have 6 months or more experience as a Hillman. Experience rigging for pipe installation and using a pipe saw.
- Ability to make repetitive movements while handling objects.
- Must be punctual and have reliable transportation to job sites.
J.B. Coxwell Contracting was established in 1983. Initially, the company focused on land clearing and earthwork but quickly expanded its operations to include complete site development. We now install underground utilities, as well as complete heavy highway and civil construction in the public and private sectors and are proud to be the most well respected heavy civil construction firm in Northeast Florida.
We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, top pay, and benefits. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, gym membership reimbursement, 401(k) with 100% match on the first 4%, holidays, PTO and more.
J.B. Coxwell Contracting is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. J.B. Coxwell Contracting is a drug-free workplace.APPLY ONLINE NOW