ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The following are typical duties for this position. These are not to be considered exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required.
- Drive a tractor and lowboy trailer to load, unload and transport material, small and heavy equipment to and from job sites efficiently.
- Ensures equipment is securely fastened to trailer.
- Driver maintains a log showing delivery locations of everything transported.
- Inspects truck for safety and legal compliance. Maintains appearance of truck, keeps proper air pressure in tires, checks fluid levels including oil, hydraulic, coolant and fuel.
- Must have valid Class–A CDL (DOT physical card) with a history of safe driving (clean MVR).
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Candidate must possess at least 3 years of experience. Must be able to operate heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of Jacksonville and surrounding areas is required.
- Knowledge of various construction job supplies is required.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods; handle and manipulate controls on a repetitive basis.
- Ability to climb in and out of equipment, ability to lift 75 pounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read, write and accurately follow instructions.
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated
J.B. Coxwell Contracting was established in 1983. Initially, the company focused on land clearing and earthwork but quickly expanded its operations to include complete site development. We now install underground utilities, as well as complete heavy highway and civil construction in the public and private sectors and are proud to be the most well respected heavy civil construction firm in Northeast Florida.
We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, top pay, and benefits. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, gym membership reimbursement, 401(k) with 100% match on the first 4%, holidays, PTO and more.
J.B. Coxwell Contracting is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. J.B. Coxwell Contracting is a drug-free workplace.APPLY ONLINE NOW